The Oberstown Annual Report 2022 is a unique public record of the operation of the campus in 2022, presenting the achievements, events and developments in the service over the year.
- Publishing the Oberstown Strategy 2022-2026, a key milestone in the development of Oberstown’s service.
- A positive annual inspection by HIQA assessing the service against the Children’s Rights Policy Framework, which sets out 12 Campus Rules that help ensure young people are involved in key decisions about their care.
- Visits from international partners which validated the view that Oberstown’s rights-based participative approach compares favourably to international best practice.
- Continued growth of Oberstown skills training programmes, focusing on providing young people with practical skills that increase their prospects of employment in the future. In 2022, 22 young people achieved a certificate in Fitness Instruction, 18 young people completed a course in manual handling, and 22 qualified for a Safe Pass certificate.
- Development of an online career guidance portal and support programme for young people.
- A total of 28 Gaisce awards were achieved by young people during the year, including two gold medals, the highest level of achievement.
- A national exhibition of artworks created by young people at Oberstown, shown at the Irish Museum of Modern Art (IMMA). The show was the result of a collaboration between Gaisce – The President’s Award, IMMA and Oberstown.
The full report is available to read and download in pdf format here.